“Trude and I Masked” (Alice Austen)
- You’ll never guess where this memorial to Abraham Lincoln is located. [The Bowery Boys]
- Speaking of Lincoln, check out what happened to two brothers who witnessed his funeral procession. [Ephemeral New York]
- Before Humans of New York, there was Alice Austen, who snapped these photos of New Yorkers during the Victorian era. [Mashable]
- If you’ve already filed your taxes, read this story about the history of Tax Day in the West Village. If you haven’t filed your taxes… get on that. [Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation]
- The site of a former slave market that operated for more than 50 years in Lower Manhattan will be identified with a historical marker this summer. [WNYC]
- Now that the weather is (finally) nice again, why not explore the oldest cemetery in Queens? [Brownstoner]
- Follow Historic NYC on Facebook and Twitter.